SR Staff Report
Carrabassett Valley Academy has an opening within the FIS/U16 full-time alpine coaching staff for 2022-2023. The ideal candidate’s qualities include motivation, enthusiasm, a love of skiing, positive and supportive communication, and the ability to connect with our athletes. Compensation is competitive with housing possible. Coaches receive a ski pass and other CVA employee benefits. Applicants must be able to pass and secure a U.S. Ski & Snowboard background check, CPR/First Aid certification, Safesport, etc. This is a great opportunity for a coach who wishes to develop professionally and is looking for mentoring to become the best coach you can be! Please contact Kirk Dwyer at [email protected] or 970-409-7765.
- Coaching FIS/U16 Alpine athletes
- Training with athletes 5-6 days a week, when at Sugarloaf
- Providing video analysis of athletes
- Goal setting for each athlete
- Planning and managing athlete training & travel
- Budgeting and reconciling financial costs
- Traveling for one week, or more, at a time
- Perform requisite number of weekday and weekend dormitory duties required of all faculty and staff
- Tap into a student’s passion for skiing, love of the outdoors, and willingness to work hard to help each athletes achieve his/her/their personal best
All applicants must have a valid US Driver’s license.
- Health Insurance, STD, LTD, Voluntary Accident, Dental and Vision Insurance for employees working 6+months of the year
- Sugarloaf Alpine and Nordic Season Pass for all employees
- Meals in Campus Dining Commons open to employees and their families during the school year
- On-campus housing, pending availability
- Access to endless recreation opportunities of the Carrabassett Valley including skiing, hiking, mountain biking, canoeing, fishing and more
Carrabassett Valley Academy
Carrabassett Valley Academy (CVA) is an independent, college-preparatory boarding/day school for 7th grade to post-graduate students, located at the base of Sugarloaf Mountain. The mission of CVA is to foster focused, individual student-athlete development by providing the optimum balance between college preparatory academics, responsible community living, and world-class athletic training in competitive skiing and snowboarding. To learn more about our unique school, visit our website at www.gocva.com.