SR Staff Report
We are looking for a collaborative leader with the vision to help lead the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team as a co-Program Director with the skills, passion, and love of skiing to carry on the legacy of the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team.
Start Date: Summer 2022
Work Schedule: Varied Plus Weekend Work
Posting Period: Resume, Cover Letter, and References Due by July 31st
Job Duration: Full Time Annual, Plus Benefits
- Occasional prolonged and irregular hours during winter season and off-site locations
- Frequent standing, bending, and kneeling in inclement weather
- Experience in working with the USSS national contacts, regionally, parents, and athletes.
- Occasional lifting 50+ pounds
- Ability to travel to multiple training and meeting locations
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Required Skill and Experience
- Must have strong leadership, collaborative, and organizational skills
- Excellent customer service and communication skills and the ability to work directly with co-workers, parents, and athletes
- Must be able to work in successfully in groups with the Team and within the resort.
- Ability to foster business relationships and work independently with outside organizations
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading competitive successful alpine programs and age groups
- Experience working and administering budgets and financial planning
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Google suite of applications and tools
- USSS coaches and official’s certifications required
- USSS coaches license background screening or foreign equivalent.
- Valid Passport and Driver’s License
About the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team
The Buck Hill Ski Racing Team is strong, boasting a solid foundation of athletes from U10 through FIS, and membership growth during the past three years. The Buck Hill Ski Racing Team has a rich history continues to develop top nationally ranked athletes and athletes which continue to successfully compete at the collegiate, national, and international levels.
The Buck Hill Ski Racing Team is owned and operated by Buck Hill Inc. and is supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (Club) which was created as an entity to provide financial support to athletes and training infrastructure to help ensure the very best support for the success of the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team.
In 2008 the U.S. Ski & Snowboard Association recognized the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team as the Ski Racing Team of the Year and in 2014, it received the first Gold Club Certification in the Central Division and continues to hold this prestigious recognition.
The Co-Program Director shared responsibilities for management and day to day operations of the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team, and is employed by Buck Hill, Inc. The Hill provides a top-level training venue, recently investing in all new snow-making equipment and lighting to support continued training for the team.
The Hill is a destination in the vibrant community of Minneapolis / St. Paul boasting four-seasons, culture, restaurants, top schools, surrounded by lakes, and a passion for snow sports. This twelve-month salaried position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer of Buck Hill, and work and collaborate with other Directors within the organization.
Summary of Duties:
- In collaboration with Team Directors, manage the Buck Hill Ski Racing Team membership to support to create a strong culture within the team, families, and coaching staff.
- Work with Buck Hill Inc. leadership in developing and managing an annual budget and out-of-division support from the Club for races and championship events and equipment needs for the Team
- Develop strong inter-departmental communications with Operations, Race, Ticketing and Snow Sports Departments. Works effectively with other department leaders
- Provides weekly updates and communication to membership. Effectively communicates information to members and Club Board of Directors to ensure information is widely communicated throughout the organization
- Attend quarterly partnership meetings, and report updates to the Board of Directors at their monthly meetings as needed
- Responsible for overseeing regular interaction through the Buck Hill Ski Racing team social channels and weekly communications with membership
- Collaborate with the coaches to develop a recommended schedules for each age group including U12, U14, U16, and FIS
- Leads the ongoing direction for the team app, TeamSnap, as a tool to keep members and athletes up to date
- Directs and coordinates on-site USSS and FIS races. Works with Region 1 to schedule and assign resources. Coordinates with Buck Hill departments and staff for all events
- Foster the continued development of a top-level performance dryland program.
- Work directly with the Board to set policy for the team
Buck Hill Inc. offers PTO, 100% paid employee health insurance, dental, vision and short- and long-term disability insurance.
Send Resume, Cover Letter and References to [email protected]