The Mount Washington Valley Ski Team in partnership with Fryeburg Academy is seeking a
full-time Head coach to join our coaching staff at the U16 or U18 level, depending on candidate fit
and experience for the upcoming 2022/2023 season. This will be a salaried, benefited employment
opportunity with competitive pay and upward mobility. This individual will be a professional coach
looking to join a passionate and hardworking team of coaches committed to working with the
Mount Washington Valley Ski Team and Fryeburg Academy community. This candidate will also be
working in the Fryeburg Academy admissions office as the liaison for the MWV/FA ski program
The ideal candidate will support the vision and overall mission of MWVAEF by:
● Being a team player among a dynamic group of collaborators. Professional conduct is
expected and adaptability is essential.
● Demonstrating strong leadership among their peers defined through support of
others, idea sharing and taking productive initiative.
● Sharing their knowledge and passion for ski racing through effective and frequent
verbal and written communication directed at a variety of stakeholders.
● Managing expectations and setting appropriate goals for themselves and the athletes
they work with, including the preparation of athletes for success at the regional,
national, international and collegiate stages.
● Create athlete-centered competition and training plans for your primary group.
● Work closely with the executive director, program director and other staff members of the
Mount Washington Valley Ski Team.
● Collaborate on programming and club curriculum with the executive director and program
● Provide mentorship to student athletes on campus at Fryeburg Academy in order to help the
athletes successfully blend their academic experience and on-snow training program.
● Communicate effectively with staff, athletes and parents consistently via email, text and with
● Assist with in-house race competition operations including both venue prep, and race day
duties and responsibilities.
● Assist with athlete needs by actively participating in video review, athlete goal setting
meetings, and athlete equipment ordering and maintenance.
● Have knowledge and experience with course setting and on-hill safety.
● Assist with gate repair, b-net installation and other ski racing operations tasks when
● Assist with athlete transportation to and from the Fryeburg Academy campus.
● Actively participate in summer and fall training camp responsibilities.
Please direct resumes to Mike LeBlanc and/or Leanne Smith for consideration.