SR Staff Report
- To provide service to the SVSEF membership and support the vision and mission of SVSEF by performing all job responsibilities to the highest professional standard, while supporting SVSEF’s core values.
- To strive daily to improve SVSEF and its cross country programs by providing timely and constructive input to the SVSEF management team and fellow employees in the development and implementation of the annual operational plan.
- To accept and adhere to each of the policies, rules, and requirements as outlined in the SVSEF Employee Handbook.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Current coaches’ certification by a National governing body. (United States Ski and Snowboard Association or similar).
- Excellent supervisory and managerial skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills; verbal and written.
- Superior work ethic.
- Comprehensive understanding of sport technique and tactics.
- Comprehensive understanding of equipment and preparation.
- Competence in computer software including Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet and computer-based video analysis.
- Proven leadership skills
Additional Desirable Experience:
- Competitive sports background.
- Advanced sport specific education.
- National, International, or otherwise appropriate coaching experience.
- Assist SVSEF in achieving the vision and mission of the organization by providing leadership to the organization as a member of the SVSEF Management Team.
- Recruit, train and retain world-class coaching staff with appropriate qualifications and skills for each level of programming.
- Develop an athletic program that supports each participant in achieving their personal and athletic potential.
- Promote the cross country program throughout the community while developing and implementing dovetailed and comprehensive programming from development through elite levels.
- Create an environment of team spirit and unity that is mutually beneficial for staff and athletes.
- Treat each staff member, athlete, and parent with fairness, consistency, and compassion.
- Develop an open line of communication with Management Team, parents, and supporting staff.
- Assist in the development of annual training and competition plans throughout the sport pipeline with the appropriate head coaches.
- Support the planning, organization, and implementation of summer training camps appropriate for each level of athlete in the program.
- Provide leadership to all sport constituents by communicating the SVSEF mission, vision, values, and goals throughout the community.
- Develop educational programs for the community of cross country coaches, athletes, and parents.
- Develop an event hosting strategy for bidding on, calendaring, and executing well-run competitive events.
- Conduct annual program orientations for coaches, athletes and parents.
- Create internal systems to supply participant rosters for programs, competitions, and camps in cooperation with administrative team.
- Participate in appropriate Divisional, Regional, and National sport committees and meetings.
- Schedule and conduct regular staff meetings to communicate organizational goals and SVSEF Management Team directives to cross country leadership staff.
- Oversee and monitor staff activities to ensure compliance with SVSEF goals and standards and consistency with annual operational plan.
- Prepare and deliver written and verbal staff evaluations for direct reports.
- With direction from the Executive Director and Business Manager, create and manage the program’s annual budget.
- With input from the Head and Assistant coaching staff, prepare annual goals and initiatives, and compare program performance against goals to evaluate effectiveness of the annual plan.
- Facilitate communications and maintain contract requirements with BCRD, BLM, and relevant partner organizations.
- Create systems to manage the cross country van fleet, its maintenance, and safe operations.
- Create systems to properly maintain the Lake Creek Training Hut, and its surrounding outbuildings.
- Support in the planning, management, and execution of SVSEF cross country events.
- Requires a considerable amount of physical exertion coupled with periods of time that require sitting at a computer. Position requires on-hill and other outdoor activities that necessitate exposure to seasonal elements including snow, sun, wind, and extreme cold. May require lifting up to 50 lbs. Must attend SVSEF fundraising events, social events, and other functions when requested, and interface with sponsors, donors, coaches, athletes, parents, and media.
Click here for more information on how to apply.